Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

We have a family member who just passed away list night in

Customer Question

We have a family member who just passed away list night in Bangkok Thailand. And we were working with the US Embassy there to get his 3 kids US citizenship but he passed as they were there to have him sign the papers. We understand that if we get a immigrations lawyer to submit a official request to the embassy there for a official DNA test we can still make this happen.
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Can you help or recommend someone who can? I will be contacting the US embassy in the states for help also.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes the US Embassy in Thailand has been involved but could not get him to sign in time.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He is not legally married in Thailand and the executor of his estate is out of the country until the 9th. They are planning to cremate him Friday so we would need the DNA requested before that our hold up the cremation.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 5 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.

I'm a little confused. How old are the children? And were y'all trying to do the CRBA for the children? What about their mother?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oldest is 12 and I think the youngest is 8 not sure what a CRBA is there mother is Thai. We were working with a friend there to get them US citizenship for the SS.

CRBA is the Consular Report of birth abroad. It is what a US citizen applies for at the consulate when they have foreign-born children.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will try the US embassy state side first.

But that is not my answer. i asked you a few questions. You didn't understand one of them, so you asked what it is. I was just responding to that. So please answer the following questions:

How old are the children?

And were y'all trying to do the CRBA for the children?

What about their mother?