Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm
93473422

My boyfriend living so far away from me I would like him to

Customer Question

My boyfriend living so far away from me I would like him to come visit me sometime
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: I have a green card I'm planning on doing my citizenship soon
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is that possible Ok
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 29 days ago.

Good afternoon, I am an Immigration Law attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, and we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. I've reviewed your question, please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

If your boyfriend lives outside of the United States (I'm assuming he does, based on your question), then all he needs to do in order to visit you is apply for a tourist visa, also known as a B2 visa.

He can do this by filling out Form DS-160 and scheduling an interview at the local US Consulate or Embassy where he resides. Tourist visas are routinely applied for and received, and are generally good for a visit extending up to 6 months in the US.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can continue our conversation for free after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 28 days ago.

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!