Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My friend is a Syrian Refugee in Cuba how can I get him to

Customer Question

My friend is a Syrian Refugee in Cuba how can I get him to the US can you help and what law does it apply? He is registered with the UNHCR in Cuba
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 29 days ago.

Hello this is Jennifer the immigration attorney again, I will be assisting you with this question as well.

Unfortunately there is no specific US immigration law that pertains to your friend being able to immigrate here from Cuba. . He can try to apply for refugee status at the US embassy or apply for a B-2 Tourist Visa to come as a visitor to the US but the chances of that are slim. There is no guarantee that he would be approved for either option.

Also, if he remains in Cuba and is ever able to obtain Cuban citizenship and then comes to the US, he can then apply for the Cuban Adjustment Act once he is on US soil.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 25 days ago.

Hello again. I see that you were able to view my answer a few days ago but you did not ask any follow up questions or leave me any feedback. Is there anything else I can do to earn your positive rating.

Thank you in advance for your consideration of our hard work and time.