Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Can I apply for dv lottery. If I am illegal? No. No.

Customer Question

Can I apply for dv lottery. If I am illegal?
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: No.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. Actually I filled sn application for dv lottery.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: How can I receive a green card.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 28 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help. I just ask that if it is bad news that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

Yes, you can apply, but unfortunately, no, you cannot Adjust Status in the U.S. if you win. You would have to leave the U.S. to apply for the immigrant visa to come back and if you have been in the U.S. illegally longer than 1 year and you leave, you cannot come back for 10 years unless you get a very hard to get waiver. To get that waiver, you would need a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident spouse or parent to do the waiver for you.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 25 days ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!