Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Second opinion] - I have got a question about U.S

Customer Question

Second opinion] - I have got a question about U.S naturalization , and need professional assistance
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I have not applied yet. I hold a greencard for 4 years 9 months, and 30 days
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: nope , not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My main concern is that i took a trip for 9 months once in the last 5 years, and i am wondering how it will affect my application
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

My main concern is that i took a trip for 9 months once in the last 5 years, and i am wondering how it will affect my application

Response: Absence of more than six months, but less than a year will be considered as having disrupted the continuous residence requirement. However, you can overcome this burden by providing evidence that you did not disrupt your residence--that you infact maintained your residence in the United States. The evidence may include but limited to the following:

By showing that during your absence from the United States that (1) you did not terminate your employment in the United States or obtain employment while abroad; (2) your immediate family remained in the United States; (3) you retained full access to your home in the ​United States.

You absence of nine months however will not disrupt the physical presence requirement because you are only required to show that you have been physically present in the United States for 30 months (2.5 years) since obtaining your Green Card.

A 5-star rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive proper credit for responding to your post. Kindly use the popup screen to give the rating. There is no additional cost to you for giving a 5-star rating.

Thank you for your cooperation

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Passport Information
Arrivals / Departures / Duration / Location ( USA = US, TR= Turkey, RU= Russia)
01/31/12 - 11/24/12 = 298 days (US)
11/24/12 - 02/22/13= 90 days (TR)
02/22/13 - 03/05/13= 11 days (US)
03/05/13 - 07/03/13= 120 days (TR)
07/03/13 - 12/19/13= 169 days (US)
12/19/13- 01/09/14= 21 days (TR)
01/09/14 - 04/29/14= 110 days (US)
04/29/14 - 02/05/15= 282 days (TR)*
02/06/15 - 02/09/15= 3 days (RU)
02/09/15- 02/15/15= 6 days (TR)
02/15/15 - 06/14/15= 119 days (US)
06/14/15- 09/12/15= 90 days (TR)
09/13/15 - 01/26/16= 135 days (US)
01/26/16- 02/16/16= 21 days (TR)
02/16/16 - 05/07/16= 81 days (US)
05/08/16 - 06/07/16= 31 days (TR)
06/07/16 - 01/31/17= 238 days (US)Total Days = 923 / 1161 days , Total Vacation = 664 days , Green Card since = 01/31/12I registered my own LLC company on January 2014 in California, doing online advertising business, I have been self-employed ever since then.
I rent a room in Santa Monica. I have no relatives in USA. Living the same address since 09/12/15
I have started filing tax income report starting 2014, I did not work before registering my own company. I paid all of my taxes , currently have no due.
During my 4th trip (14-15), I took a vacation that lasted 291 days . My trip had to be extended due to my health issues. Due to stress , I started having high blood pressure , and I also had been diagnosed to have an internal bleeding issue in my heart. Unfortunately I did not carry those receipts with me to the US when I came back.
During my 4th trip(14-15), I did not hold a job in Turkey, I kept my US registered company active. I kept all my personal chase bank account active, I kept all of my credit cards active. In fact I have used my US credit cards regularly while living in Turkey. I am also a part time student since 2013, my transcript was still active during that period. I have had my driver license active for the past 5 years as well. Overall I had no intention to leave my status in the USA.I was wondering your professional opinion on whether my naturalization application would likely to be accepted or rejected based on the grounds I mentioned above. Also would you happen to have any suggestions for me to make my application case stronger ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
P.s I really appreciate your answer , as this issue has been really frustrating for me. I can feel like that I will finally get some clarifications from you, so in my eyes, I am already highly motivated to give you 5 stars :)

Your follow-up post has exceeded what I can do on a regular chat. I have sent an offer for document review. If you accept, I will review the information that you have provided and provide my response. Otherwise, I will opt out.

Thank you for your understanding.