How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Bill Attorney Your Own Question
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 704
Experience:  Attorney
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Bill Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a family friend who was employed here on a Type 4 P1

Customer Question

Hello! I have a family friend who was employed here on a Type 4 P1 Visa. This is good for one year and I have reason to believe it is now expired. Two weeks ago, the friend became nervous at the possibility of needing surgery for a work related injury and left with a woman who wanted to marry him to a different state. With the promise of marriage perhaps that's how she convinced him to leave the employer. She locked his belongings in her garage and he was virtually her prisoner. I sent my father (who works in that same city, coincidentally) to get him and put him in a hotel. What is a good next step? Contacting an immigration lawyer? Can he legally fly without a valid visa??
JA: Are there any minor children from the relationship? Who has legal custody?
Customer: No children.
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet, just one in Fargo. I am waiting for my friend to get good pictures of all his documents. There is a bad language barrier. His first language is French
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so?
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 5 months ago.

This is attorney Bill. Immigration and Customs Enforcement deal with the investigation and deportation of illegal aliens.

Should you suspect a person to be illegally in the US you should contact them to investigate the matter.

This is there contact details:(866)(###) ###-####/strong>. Fax: (202)(###) ###-####/strong>. Email:***@******.***. Mailing Address (U.S. Postal System and all overnight mail/FedEx): U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Freedom of Information Act Office,***** S.W., Stop 5009, Washington, D.C.###-##-####

Should you require further information please follow up with me.



I work for credits

Attorney Bill

Related Immigration Law Questions