Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I have the visa ready (permanent from the Mex consulate) and

Customer Question

Hi, I have the visa ready (permanent from the Mex consulate) and plan on living in Mexico next month. Would they find out if I am on probation during the process? Do they check with US authorities?Thanks
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: What is USCIS?
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet, I plan on getting one when I get there to submit so I an get my permanente card
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just want to get the resident card but I am on probation in the US. Do they check for that?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 month ago.
Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.
Expert:  Expert James replied 27 days ago.

Sorry for the delay. I had an urgent situation to attend to, and I was away for the weekend.

When you were asked, did you not tell immigration authorities that you were arrested and charged and convicted, and now are on probation?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No I am still in the US, I have not tried to go to mexico yet, would they know I was on probation? And what would happen?

Are you subject to a ban from the US, and therefore filed the I-601A?

What is the offense for which you are on probation?