Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

My Ukrainian fiance has a child but the father of the child

Customer Question

Hello
My Ukrainian fiance has a child but the father of the child is not a Ukrainian citizen. What is the process to make sure they are both able to live with me once i get done with the k1 process?
Thanks so much
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Your fiance will need to have either a court order or a notarized letter written by the child’s other parent indicating that he gives consent for the child to travel with your fiance to the US under the fiance visa as a dependent.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But even though he is not a Ukrainian citizen?

Yes, you still need his permission in order to not have issues.

I hope this clarifies and hope to have earned your positive rating.

I see that you were able to view all my answers but did not leave any feedback. Is there anything else I can answer to earn your rating? Happy to help but kindly remember that's the only way we receive any credit.