Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

I am a Syrian/british Citizen. My finace is a Syrian refugee

Customer Question

I am a Syrian/british Citizen. My finace is a Syrian refugee who live in Chicago and she has been havin the Green Card for 2 years. We are planningto get married soon at the UK but I would like to ask if she can then apply for a visa to enter the USA is she breaks her refugee states there ? and will she lose for sure her legibility to apply for american passport?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: i just wrote to you above
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am a Syrian/british Citizen. My finace is a Syrian refugee who live in Chicago and she has been havin the Green Card for 2 years. We are planning to get married soon at the UK but I would like to ask if she can then apply for a visa to enter the USA is she breaks her refugee states there ? and is there a way that she can keep moving between UK and USA in order for her to get the American passport in 2 years? Thank you
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

She can apply for you. She would not lose her Asylum/Residency status or eligibility to apply for U.S. Citizenship if she marries you and applies for you. She just has to avoid travel to Syria or using a Syrian passport.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank your reply .
I know that she can apply for me to come toUS if we marry and not lose her refugee status . I also heard she has to be earning 20000 dollar per year at least , to be able to ask USA to award me Green card .
My question is , if she comes to london and abondant her green card , will she be able later on to apply for a visiting visa to USA without any issue ?
Will she be able to switch to use her Syrian passport at the UK and get uk perminant residency if we marry at the uk ? (Please note she is now refugee green card holder and she was not allowed to use her syrian passport ) .
- what legal document uk may offer if we get married at the uk and how long it takes ?I hope you can answer me the last 3 questions .
Many thanks,
Riyad

I can only answer the U.S. immigration parts of your question, not the UK parts of your question. How would you like to proceed?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The first question was related to US immigration . The question was:
If my fiance abandonet her green card , will she has any issue entering USA for visits in the future ? How will this be done , through visitor Visa or another type ?
Many thanks,
Riyad

She will most likely need to file an I-407 and here is a link to that:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-407

Then after that, she would need to apply for a B-2 tourist visa if she is going to want to visit. An alternative, at least for awhile, is to apply for a Re-Entry Permit on form I-131. This will allow her to be outside of the U.S. for up to 2 years without abandoning the Residency status. She can use it for multiple trips. If she needs more time, she comes back before the 2 years ends and then she can apply for one more Re-Entry Permit for 2 more years. If she still needs more time, she can apply again, but after 4 years, they get harder and harder to get and often only grant them for one year at a time. At some point she will need to start living in the U.S. and spending more than 180 days per 12 months inside. Here is a link to the I-131:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-131

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.