Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I filed I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Biometrics appointment

Customer Question

I filed I-130 and I-485 concurrently. Biometrics appointment Oct 26 for my spouse but received RFE (Request for Initial Evidence) for Form I-864 (revision date 7/02/2015) on Oct 25, stating:
1.) on page 3 part 4 list someone other than the petitioner or page 3 part 4, is blank.
I FORGOT TO WRITE MY name on 1a-1c. But have provided my address on 2a-2i.2.) Form I-864 was submitted by a joint sponsor,however, names listed on page 1 and page 3 are not the same.BUT I did not submit a joint sponsor because I deemed my current income is enough for a household of 3 ( $45,000)- me, my spouse and child under 14yo, and my 3 most recent IRS are: $41,000 (2015); $40,000 (2014); $34,000 (2013). Am I correct based on I864P?
I am USC and sponsoring my spouse and child who are in US. How can I justify or explain that my income is enough that is why I didnt submit joint sponsor?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.

If you are the only three people who are or will be living in the household. And you are not sponsoring any other persons. And there are no other you can claim as dependents, then yes, that is plenty of income without a joint sponsor.

But I am confused. Is this the only I-864 you are filing? Or did you submit one for your child as well?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I submitted two separate I-864s attached to two separate I-485s, two I-130's, each for spouse and stepchild concurrently, as they are two separate immediate relatives. Am I correct? I submitted altogether but RFE came 1st for spouse. I overlooked filling out (electronically) my name on 1a-1c on Form I-864 but have provided my address on 2a-2i on both submitted I-864's. So I ancticipate another RFE for i864 of my stepchild days from now...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If you are the only three people who are or will be living in the household. And you are not sponsoring any other persons. And there are no other you can claim as dependents, then yes, that is plenty of income without a joint sponsor.Question: Based on the RFE and filled out I-864 (please see attached), why would they require me to submit joint sponsor? Could they have misconstrued that I submitted a joint sponsor?
or I just miscalculated my current income? My income is computed as 820 per week times 52 weeks plus merits and overtime pay. assuming on the base pay (40hrs x $20.5/hr per week), it is 42,640 (820 x 52 weeks).

OK, please be patient as I am working with several customers at the same time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok Thanks. I'll be waiting..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my question remains unanswered