Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

Question on G4: Me and my wife are on H1, she got an offer

Customer Question

Hi... Question on G4:
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Me and my wife are on H1, she got an offer with an international organization and converting to G4. Do I need to change my status to G-4 or can I stay on H-1B???? Currently My I-140 is pending with my employer
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I was checking online for any information...
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it...
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello, can you please let me know if any suggestions regarding my situation.

My apologies for the delay. Last night required some additional research as I was finding conflicting information and as I was doing that I had a family emergency. I am back on the question but I took the liberty of contacting the U.S. State Department directly in order to receive clarification. I am waiting for their response. I wish I could tell you how long they will take, but all they will say is that they will address the inquiry in the order it was received. I ask for a little patience to get the answer directly from the U.S. government.

Sorry about the last post. Please ignore it. I am still waiting to hear back from the government. I will let you know as soon as I hear something. Thank you for your patience.