Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

My brother has an undocumented immigrant friend, if his

Customer Question

My brother has an undocumented immigrant friend, if his friend has been cought, may my brother get any trouble too? Because his friend is living with him and go everywhere with him all the time. Thanks
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just wonder if my brother may got trouble
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.

As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

ANSWER: No, your brother will not get into trouble just because he is friends with and helped this person live. If he was helping this person evade capture, and that can be proven, then he could get into trouble. But simply letting him live with him and having him go everywhere with him is not enough to get him into trouble for evading capture.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have, then please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. If you still have more questions, you can ask them even after you’ve given a rating.

I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi again,

I received a message that you reviewed my response and may require additional assistance. However, I cannot see your correspondence above.

Please post it again, so I can continue to assist you.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but have not provided a rating. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.