How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Immigration Law Answer Team
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 114707
Experience:  Immigration Law Expert
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im from europe, and i have a boyfriend in prison in Idaho-

Customer Question

Im from europe, and i have a boyfriend in prison in Idaho- orofino, are they any possibilities that i could visit him. I wanted to apply for fiancee visa but i was told i have to take pictures with my boyfriend and his family. Can you help with that? I tried to cantact his prison by email but i never got any anwsers back. Thank you for your help.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am afraid that you cannot get a fiance visa under these circumstances, since there is no proof of physical relationship. However, if you do not make any mention of any intent to get married or visiting a fiance and just wish to come to the US to see friends and see the country, you can get a visitor visa and come to the US at least for a short time to visit and then you can get your pictures together and interact as much as the prison will allow you to interact and you can leave the country and subsequently obtain a fiance visa, which by the way he would have to file on your behalf and be able to sign sponsorship documentation for that visa to be approved, including proof of the ability to marry (meaning if he is in prison the warden must give consent to marriage).
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Related Immigration Law Questions