Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Married around 10yrs, It would be 10 year in Jannuary,2017.

Customer Question

married around 10yrs, It would be 10 year in Jannuary,2017. From May 2014 couple is seperated,in this marriage there's a daughter aged 9yrs(DOB -29th Oct,2007 in Bangladesh). Mom has got the school year custody.And kid gets GC(Green Card) through her father this year.Mom is in F1 status now.
1) Can the mom apply for green card as "abused spouse case". They are not divorced yet.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

If the mother is still married to a US citizen and the mother is being abused by her husband then yes she can apply for her green card as an abusive spouse.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you! Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time. If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.
Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Dad gets GC this year. He only applied for him and his daughter not for his wife.

Yes, she can apply once he has his green card if he is being abusive .

I hope that helps.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there's two evaluation report depicts that he was rude in this marraige. Several times he hit his wife but never his wife called police. So tell me elaborately whats the process she can apply for GC?

She should go go the police first then once he ha his green card she can fie form I-360 which is found on uscis.gov/forms

I hope this helps and hope you can now issue a positive rating. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What kind of paper she need to submit ?

She needs to submit the I-360 and police reports and any other proof of abuse.

Hello again.. I see that you were able to view my answer but that you did not leave a feedback or ask any questions. Please let me know if I can help. Your satisfaction is my goal and I'd like to earn your positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
she was called police but when they come she said nothing happen . she just save her husband. So it was not reported . actually she got mentally abuse day by day .

She can try to go to the police now. Or She can try to submit the I-360 without the police report but she will have better chances with a police report.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do if she does want to file a police report . That's something that she has to figure out or take the chance and do it without it.

I have answered all your questions and hopefully I have earned your positive rating now. Please kindly leave a rating by choosing from the stars.