Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I am on L1 in USA.. Oct 28th is my last day in my company..

Customer Question

I am on L1 in USA.. Oct 28th is my last day in my company.. I applied for H1B Visa this year and was selected in the lottery. However it's in pending state now (RFE-Request for Evidence). I would like to extend my stay in USA till December 15 by which time i should get decision on my H1B Visa application.. Is there a way to extend my stay here using I539 or something. Thanks in advance..
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: Yes... Alien-Non Resident (L1B Visa).. I have H1B Visa petition pending with USCIS
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nop wold love to
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am on L1B Visa.. (valid until May 2018).. However Oct 28th 2016 is my last day in my company. I have H1B visa petition pending with USCIS for which processing time limit is December 15. So would like to extend my stay in USA for 1.5 month and wait for H1B visa petition approval. Is that possible by filing I539 or something. Thanks in advance.