Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I am in a bit of dilemma suddenly.. Yes, Not yet.. I am in

Customer Question

I am in a bit of dilemma suddenly..
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am in USA with L1, but I got an H1 approved today.. So can I continue to work on L1 if I want? It was COS.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

Unfortunately if you submitted a COS and it was approved then you are now in the new H1B status. If you want to work in L1 you have to depart the US and come back in the L1 visa.

Good luck to you and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My new employer is saying, if he cancel the COS, and my current company is also amending my L1 because of th elocation change.
In that case also I have to leave USA?