Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

If i am a student and i got a case sealed before, and i want

Customer Question

if i am a student and i got a case sealed before, and i want to go back to china on christmas this december, is this gonna influence me go back to america?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: the case sealed in ohio but right now i am in san francisco
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes but the case sealed
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just want to know if this gonna influence me to go back to america
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i went back to china last december and went back to san fransico savely on january this year, but when i enter the customs, he told me to go to the room down the hall, seat and wait. and the policeman inside the room ask me some quetion and let me go. i just want to know is this gonna happened everytime i went back to china and come back to america? is this any possibility that they refued me to get in?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Your Questions:

Response 1: It may affect your reentry. Even if your case is sealed, law enforcement still have access to the records.

i just want to know is this gonna happened everytime i went back to china and come back to america?

Response 2: It is likely that this would occur every time you try to reenter.

is this any possibility that they refued me to get in?

Response 3: It depends on what the sealed record is about. However, if you have not been refused reentry thus far, it is unlikely that you would be refused reentry in the future all things being equal--that is, assuming that you have not run into any other problems with the law.