How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Expert James Your Own Question
Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 10774
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Expert James is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently applying for i-485 adjustment of status but I

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I am currently applying for i-485 adjustment of status but I am confused because I have two passports and I used one for visitor visa and another one for the student visa so I have two i-94 when I was filling in the i485, it required me to fill in the i-94 number should I fill in both i-94?
JA: What is your current visa status, and what status do you wish to adjust to?
Customer: my current visa status is F1 and the status I wish to adjust to is permanent resident (I have an approved i-130 petition)
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: I tried to contact a lawyer, but it seems that no one can answer me firmly
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all thanks!
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 7 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks James.
Expert:  Expert James replied 7 days ago.

OK, thank you very much. Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: Fill in both I-94 numbers and provide copies of both passports. then in the cover letter, provide an explanation of this. In terms of what to put on the form, either would work, but I would use the I-94 issued and the passport you used wen you entered the US.

Generally, it is better to provide additional information than it is to provide insufficient information.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.

I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for answering, James! I do really appreciate your help!
Expert:  Expert James replied 6 days ago.

No problem at all. But please do make sure you give me credit for doing my job today. If you need information on how to do that, I am glad to provide it.

Expert:  Expert James replied 2 days ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.

Related Immigration Law Questions