Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

We are a food and catering company in San Francisco, CA. Are

We are a food and catering company in San Francisco, CA. Are there catering projects in the government area which require the catering vendor to be run by a US citizen? If so, could you please provide one example?The rational behind my question is that I need to find out that if you have a disadvantage in your job (in my case it's a food and catering entrepreneur) if you are not a US citizen?

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is your legal status in the U.S.?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The company is a c-corporation. The founder is a permanent resident (green card holder). If you already find a job that requires the company founder to be a US citizen and you can send me the link to that job, then I would already be more than satisfied.
Thank you!

I have never seen that as a requirement nor anything that gives a company a benefit to be run by a USC instead of an LPR. So I don't see any disadvantages for the company other than perhaps if the person is deported in the future, maybe the company would fall apart without the leadership of the LPR.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!