Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

FOR GUILLERMO. My wife and I are finally ready to file for

FOR GUILLERMO. Hello, My wife and I are finally ready to file for adjustment of status. But the medical examinations might take about 2 weeks. So, from the regular processing times, the EAD should take about 90 days. That's like almost 120 days away. But I currently have a job offer ready. Will it be okay if I start working before receiving my EAD? I understand that it is unauthorized work but I've read that it is pardonable since I am a direct relative to the US citizen. Please advise

Welcome back and thank you for requesting me by name. It's not "OK" but if the employer doesn't care, USCIS will not deny you Residency through a U.S. Citizen spouse for having worked without authorization.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget that positive rating. Thank you!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!