Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

Is there a law firm dealing with obtaining a visitor visa

Customer Question

Is there a law firm dealing with obtaining a visitor visa for the spouse of an American citizen who served in the National Guard and also as supervisor with classified clearance on the Polaris
Missile motorcase, now living and married with a Brazilian who was twice refused a visa in Sao Paulo. I am 80 yrs. old.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I was assisting another customer with a complex issue and I didn't want my attention divided when I started helping you. You are the spouse of the U.S. Citizen? And you only want to come to visit? Where does your U.S. Citizen spouse live?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

It will be very difficult for her to get a B-2 tourist visa because they will assume that she just doesn't want to wait the 9 months or more to get a K-3 spouse visa to immigrate. The B-2 can be obtained in just a few days or weeks and then if one can get in, the person can Adjust Status to Residency. It is a shortcut that is inappropriate, but people do it anyway. Because of that, it will be very hard for her to get a B-2. If she still wants to try, I will provide you with two links that may be helpful. The first is to an article that will explain what they look for when issuing a non-immigrant visa like the B-2. The second is a list of things that can be presented to prove non-immigrant intent and the strong ties to the home country:

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2009,0528-schwartz.shtm

https://help.cbp.gov/ci/fattach/get/46680/0/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzk3NDE3MzcxL3NpZC85M1BEQ0lSbA==/filename/Intentions+and+Ties.pdf

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Alban. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!