Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

If the petitioner meets the poverty guidelines after using

Customer Question

If the petitioner meets the poverty guidelines after using qualifying assets, can the petitioner still fall short (according to the consular officer), and if so, what legal recourse does the petitioner have?
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. It may be possible if the officer is not convinced that the income is enough and/or the assets are enough, and/or perhaps that the ownership is in question or the estimated value is in question. Normally, in such a case the file would be sent back to the National Visa Center (NVC) for further review and the Petitioner would have a chance to clear that up or find a Joint Sponsor for the financial aspect of the case. There may also be a chance that the Consular Officer would allow for the addition of a Joint Sponsor.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.