Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

I have a friend in Ghana who has 6 kg gold he wants to send

Customer Question

I have a friend in Ghana who has 6 kg gold bullion he wants to send to me so I can sell it in the USA
It is from an estate from dead father. Their are no ownership papers and he does not have the money to get papers or pay the taxes , if any. He is not asking me for any money. He is trusting me to sell the gold and send him the money to hire a atty to and clear the rest of the estate. If he takes the gold to a Ghana bank can he get the funds to use the PMMC system . Or what are the chances of successfully sending me the gold DHL for sale here in USA .
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 3 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Please give me some time to review your question. It might take a little while, but I WILL be back to continue this conversation.

Because this is a very complicated question, it's going to take longer than I initially anticipated. Your patience is very much appreciated.

Expert:  Expert James replied 2 day ago.

I'm a little confused about your question. You said, "If he takes the gold to a Ghana bank can he get the funds to use the PMMC system." If he doesn't have money, how is he going to do this? Are you asking if he would be able to sell some of the gold to get money to then export it to you?

Also, there is no way for me to predict the chances of success. But i he follows the appropriate procedure, he shouldn't have a problem doing this.