Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

Can a permanent card or passport (citizenship) obtained

Customer Question

Can a permanent green card or passport (citizenship) obtained through marriage (5 years ago) be revoked if the husband is abusive and I feel he is into marriage only to obtain green card and citizenship
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 7 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

It is possible in some instances for citizenship to be revoked in cases only where fraud is proven. It is not an easy thing to prove fraud but you can definitely try if you believe that there was fraud involved. For someone who is not yet a citizen and just a permanent resident, they have higher possibilities of either having the card revoked (if fraud is proven) or if they are charged with domestic violence, then can actually be deported. If there has been abuse, then the abused spouse should definitely report their spouse to the police and file charges.

If you want to report fraud, that would be done with your local Department of Homeland Security Investigations unit. They investigate marriage fraud. Here is the list of offices in case you want to contact them.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
There has been emotional abuse and he almost hit me one time. He has been cheating on me, which i have now discovered. I was the one supporting the family financially and help him to work here and finish his license exams. He now left for an overseas job and left me and my son alone here and I just discovered he is with another woman ( second time to cheat) and is trying to blame me for it. would that count as fraud.

It's possible that it could be considered part of a fraud case.. You would have to contact Homeland Security investigations and let them know the whole story and then they would have to analyze and investigate and reach a conclusion. No one can know for certain but you don't lose anything by trying. I tried to accept the phone call and the payment failed, by the way. But I can answer your question here in the post.

I hope this has answered your questions and hope to have earned your positive rating.

Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 4 days ago.

Hello again. I see that you were able to view all my answers a few days ago but you have not responded or left a rating. Please let me know if you have followup if not kindly remember to leave feedback. Thanks for your consideration.