Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

How it take for interview greencard

Customer Question

How long it take for interview greencard
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

What city and state, some field offices are more busy and have longer backlogs than others.

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 1 month ago.

The USCIS website is down but here is the most recent published processing times for I-485 in these local field offices. Look for the largest city near you.

Find the date and then advance approx 2 months and you will know about how long to wait for the interview. The dates reflected are the dates your I-485 was received by USCIS

http://www.uscisprocessingtimes.org/processing-times/uscis-local-offices-processing/

There are generally long backlogs and the soonest anywhere is more than 6 months currently. So don't worry they have not forgotten about you or lost your file. It is just heavy caseloads.

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 1 month ago.

If you feel you qualify to have your interview expedited for extreme hardship reasons you can write and request that or make an InfoPass appointment and take your proof of extreme hardship.

Here is a link to the criteria

https://my.uscis.gov/helpcenter/article/what-is-the-expedite-criteria

Judith

Expert:  Judith replied 1 month ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.
Judith