Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

FOR JUDITH sorry to start a new thread without submitting

FOR JUDITHHI again, sorry to start a new thread without submitting the stars on the last one-the website is trying to connect me with a new expert for some reason. I don't want a new expert. I want to talk to you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You made a really good point on the last response. I don't want him to get picked up by immigration-especially not kicked out of the country. When would he be able to go without fear of getting kicked out? When we get his alien registration number? Could he take his marriage license with him to prove he was married to an American citizen?
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online.
If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Best
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Wendy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wendy, why does it keep referring me to a new expert? I've been working with Judith-she knows our situation, has given us excellent advice in a timely manner and been friendly throughout it all. I would like to stick with her, please.

Don't get frustrated Kelsey, again it is site protocol if a question sits for any length of time moderators ask other experts to take it. Again it is the process of questions being closed as soon as possible with a rating. Wendy is a great mod and only doing her job.

I will be on and off during the day. I am getting ready to move back to DC in 4 weeks and tying up loose ends and seeing all my doctors and getting in my PT before my move. You can always count on me being on in the evening.

Don't worry, you can always tell another expert that you only want to work with me and they will opt out. The site just wants to make sure you are getting prompt attention and some customers don't mind moving between experts. Some don't have history like you do with an expert.

Luvya for your loyalty

Judith

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hey Judith,
Sorry if it came off frustrated. I actually wasn't, I was just in the middle of a lot of things yesterday, and so was in a hurry. If it came out frustrated or short with Wendy, it wasn't meant so.

Oh, no Wendy totally appreciated your desire to deal solely with me. She was making sure you were taken care of.

We love our customers! And I really understand juggling a million balls. Doing the same getting ready for my move back to DC.

Judith

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You're moving back to DC? Because of the hurricane?
I'm glad I didn't offend her, there was no intention of it.
We took your advice and quit planning the hike. I'm trying to figure out ways for him to get out and about-as a VWP, is he allowed to do volunteer work? He really is going stir-crazy stuck in our house out in the middle of nowhere.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We got our received receipt back yesterday, so that's something ������

What kind of volunteer work?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Either at an animal shelter or photography around the local University campus...there's lots to volunteer for around here. I don't know what's acceptable or not in terms of the fine print of unemployment.

He can volunteer for bona fide non-profit organizations such as Red Cross, Animal Shelters, Food Banks, etc. I am not comfortable with him volunteering at the university unless it is a service organization sponsored by the uni.

Judi

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why?

I don't understand your question. It is because the immigration laws put that restriction.

Why what?

Judith

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was asking why aren't you comfortable with him volunteering for not sponsored by the university. Is he not allowed by Immigration laws to volunteer somewhere not officially sponsored?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I ask because he's also been looking at volunteering at the zoo. He used to work in a zoo in Africa and was a Safari game ranger for many years.

You misunderstood my answer. If the volunteering at the university is a service organization sponsored by the uni. that is fine. Volunteering for a professor is no.

Many universities have service oriented organizations that do volunteer work with homeless, food banks and maybe zoos. I don't know.

Look at page 8 which defines what are acceptable voluntary service organizations.

http://www.hooyou.com/b1-visa/9%20FAM%2041.31%20N.pdf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** We'll make sure we're not putting ourselves in a bad position.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The rating stars are not coming up at the bottom. I'm not sure how to make them appear

I don't know why either. I'm just a lowly lawyer.

I appreciate you effort to help me get paid.

I can only refer you to customer service.

It could be because it is an old post going back to the 17th.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Better you ask about what he can do and cannot do before creating a problem that cannot be fixed.

Judi Ludwic (in case you ever want to google my reputation)

Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: 34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Apparently the stars only appear after you have answered/responded on the page. If I have sent you anything, they don't show an option to submit a star rating

There you go, I see it says The customer has accepted an answer!

Thanks.

They locked it but didn't remove the attachment and it can still be viewed. get back to them again.

Part 6 #2 is what is on your W-2

Part 6 #19 is what is on line #37 of the 1040

I was in the process of going through the form line by line to give you that info when they cut me off from you.

I'm crashing.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
They said it would take a little bit of time.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Crashing?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Oh, do you mean going to bed?

Yeah, in middle of move back to DC and worn out. If you want to start another thread I'll answer it and then crash.

They locked the question, you couldn't rate me. I spent lots of time on this and then no pay.

It is exhausting 3rd time this happened today.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I'm sorry. Would you like me to start a new thread and then rate it?

that would help make the day a have some value! sorry