Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

WHAT IS A B2 VISA ENDORSED ON MY PASSPORT, AND WHAT TYPE OF

Customer Question

WHAT IS A B2 VISA ENDORSED ON MY PASSPORT, AND WHAT TYPE OF VISA NEEDED TO GO TO US FOR SEARCHING FOR A RESIDENTAL PROPERTY. CAN YOU ADVISE ON APPLYING FOR SUCH VISA, AND HOW CAN I APPLY FOR A (TAX IDENTIFICATION NUMBER)
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

All you want to do is purchase property and then leave after your visit?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO!! I WILL BE STAYING THERE FOR AROUND 5/6 MONTHS AS ALLOWED ON A B2 VISA AND RETURN BACK TO CANADA DURING SUMMER AND GO BACK IN WINTER LIKE A SNOW BIRD

Sorry for the delay. Anyway, if all you will do is look around for property to purchase, then you do not need anything else because you will not be working in the U.S. or getting paid. Just be careful that if asked, you clarify that you are only buying a property to spend a few months per year in the U.S. and perhaps the rest of the time it will be vacant or rented out.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
CAN I GET A SOCIAL SECURITY CARD ENDOSED AS (EMPLOYEMENT NOT PERMITTED) ON IT. I WILL BE NEEDING TO OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT, AND MIGHT APPLY FOR FINANCING WITH A BANK, GET A DRIVERS LICENSE, AND OBTAIN A INDIVIDUAL TAX FORM TO DECLAR MY RENTAL INCOME. CAN YOU APPLY FOR A CARD FROM THERE?

No. You won't be able to get a social security number. You could get an ITIN, however. Here is a link:

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/general-itin-information

A drivers license you could get up until the date that you are allowed to stay (normally 6 months).

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.