Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I married a u.s. citizen. March, 2016, I got my citizenship.

I married a u.s. citizen. March, 2016, I got my citizenship. Now, my husband requested to divorce me next month, coz we have so many problem the 2 or 3 years. Question: I will lose my citizenship from the divorce?
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: where to find the official status? no any pending application.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

No you will not. You are already a citizen and you are not in any danger to lose your citizenship only because of a divorce.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Hello again. I see that you were able to view all my answers a few days ago but you have not responded or left a rating. Please let me know if you have followup if not kindly remember to leave feedback. Thanks for your consideration.