Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.

I am in the US on a work visa na want to have my parents

Customer Question

For Judith.
I am in the US on a work visa na want to have my parents from India visit me here.
What document do I need provide - for the visitor visa appointment to have my parents visit me in US from India?
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 5 days ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

What work visa status?

Do your parents work?

If yes, what is their occupation and how long have they been working for their employer?

Do they own their own home?

Do they have other financial investments in home country?

Has your employer started your green card process? If yes, where are you in the process?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi Judith,
1. I'm on H1B work visa
2. My father is employed in the education industry and my mother is a housewife.
3. My parents own their own home.
4. And have financial investments as fixed deposits in the home country.
5. My employer has not started the Green Card process for me.
6. I have a sibling in the US who has a Green Card.
7. My parents will also support themselves financially for their visit.
8. The B2 visitor visa appointment has already been scheduled.
Expert:  Judith replied 5 days ago.

Here is a link you can send to your parents which gives a list of helpful documents to prove intent to return based on compelling ties.

There is nothing additional needed from you. They will have verified your status through PIMS = Petition Information Management System,

It is your parent's credibility that will carry the day. They need to provide direct and prompt responses to the questions asked, look the consular officer in the eye when responding and not act nervous or anxious.

Read this article by a consular officer which gives his view on how a decision on an application is made.,0528-schwartz.shtm

When it comes down to it the decision is all up to your parent's behavior while at the window.

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you Judith.
I believe the first link that you pointed me towards is missing from the text. Could you please send it to me. So that I can go through it and understand the process.
Expert:  Judith replied 3 days ago.

May I answer anything additional for you to earn your satisfaction. I strive to give good customer service and comprehensive answers. I feel I have failed you. Please tell me what additional information would be helpful.