Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

I hope that you like my rating for you. jenn may i ask you,

i hope that you like my rating for you.
jenn may i ask you, when will i have rights to get a driver licence after i file my documents to the asylum office?

Hello again.. Yes thank you for the positive rating. I'm glad I could help you.

After you submit your asylum application and it has been pending for 150 days without an answer, you can submit the application for a work authorization. This is form I-765. Once you receive the work authorization card, you can also get your license with that.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, thank you for your answer. but could you please explain in details why my application will be pending for 150 days. i already filled my documents. so what should i expect after that ( interview or fingerprints or application pending or ..) ?
2- when, how and who will tell me that i am granted asylum?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Notice: I already have filed my documents to the Asylum office 1 week ago

After you file the application, you will get an interview date. However, there is usually a long time before you are called for an interview because there are delays right now. After your interview, you will be told if it was granted asylum or not.

I hope that helps and hope to have earned your positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I still did not got the perfect answer, so after the interview there is 3 possible decisions ( granting asylum or refuse, or pending) as i understood. in the case of pending, i should count 150 days from filing date or the interview date?to apply for work permit and driver's licence. i would like to give you the highest rate for this question. so please I want to understand well

Yes, after the interview you will get a yes or no. But No, the 150 days is not counted after the interview. You can begin counting the 150 days right after you submit the application (filing date).