Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

I had my son in 2011 he was born in the philippines. His

Customer Question

Hi, I had my son in 2011 he was born in the philippines . His father was never there for him , even when i carried him for 9mos . I never reported my pregnancy to the US embassy or when i gave birth to him . And i had come back to the US after his 1st birthday to be able to support him . I see him mostly everyday and continue to send money . But i was wondering if there was a way for my son to live with me here in the US ? And if he has the right to claim his US citizenship since I was born and raised in the US . His last name isnt his father's , he has my last name could that be a problem getting him over here ?
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 7 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

To be clear, you went to the Philippines to give birth?

Do you have all your pre-natal medical records?

Your name is ***** ***** birth certificate and does it say you are a US citizen?

You have spent at least 5 years in the US after your birth and at least 2 of those years were after the age of 14?