Jennifer Marie, Esq.
Jennifer Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.

I have a question about I290 form, i am planning to file i

Customer Question

I have a question about I290 B form
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: i am planning to file i am working on it
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to knew that I have applied for change of status i.e for reinstatement but I send the documents to wrong address and they denied my case so i have to apply soon by these two days. I have gathered my previous application and evidence of I-539 can do i need to attach those also with I290
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jennifer Marie, Esq. replied 12 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

If you still have time for the reinstatement then it is better if you just file the reinstatement application without a need for the I-290B. The I-290B is only if you want to appeal because you have new evidence or USCIS committed an error.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
They have denied the case and said me to Apply for a motion to reopen a petition

Yes but they denied it because you sent it to the wrong address, not because USCIS made a mistake. Instead of paying for the motion to reopen, if you still have time left to apply for a brand new reinstatement, then I suggest that you do that.