Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

I brought girl from india on k1 and and things didnt work

Customer Question

i brought girl from india on k1 and and things didnt work out after she came her and we did register marriage. and now her family and all are forcing me apply for green card
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: its in TN
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: not immigration
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ya can someone legally force me to do that
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 12 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

So you did marry in the U.S.?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 days ago.

So you did marry in the U.S.?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 7 days ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Legally, no one can force you to apply for your spouse. So just send her back home even though her parents are not in agreement. She MUST go back home because since she entered with a K-1, she can only get Residency through you, through Asylum or through a U visa as the victim of a serious enough crime, or proving that you abused her. She cannot marry a different U.S. Citizen to stay and she cannot even have U.S. Citizen children to stay. So she has to go home.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.