Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

Can I have two valid I-140 petitions. I have a valid I-140

Customer Question

Can I have two valid I-140 petitions. I have a valid I-140 approved in 2013 with employer A. Now employer B wants to initiate another I-140, they are not willing to port. What will happen to my previous I-140?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 12 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. Kindly remember that I do not get a salary here. Your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, before leaving the site today. Thank you!

ANSWER: Yes, you can have as many I-140 petitions on file and in process as you want. There is no limitation to this.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.

I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!