How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 108309
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Id like to know if there's hope for my case, my category is

Customer Question

Id like to know if there's hope for my case, my category is f2b, my petitioner overstayed for 2 years and died here, but my mother still living in the us my priority date is june 8,2006, thanks
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What country were you born in? Are you in the U.S.? In what status? Did the original petitioner die before or after the I-130 was approved?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was born in philippines, im in manila now, my father died after my I-130 was approved
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sir I'm waiting for the answer
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Sorry about the delay. Since you took a little while to respond I had logged off. Anyway, I do have some good news for you. If you have a qualifying relative, you can have the I-130 reinstated. Take a look at this link:

So yes, there is hope for your case. If you have not received notification from the National Visa Center since your Priority Date is current, you may have to file an I-824. I just hope that you did not marry because if you did, your case would have been terminated since there is no category for married son or daughter of a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello Emerald. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!