Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!

I was working with Employer A. They filed my GC in Jan 14 in

Customer Question

Hi , I was working with Employer A. They filed my GC in Jan 14 in EB2. It got selected in Audit. So I went on H4 in Sep 14 as I maxed out. In Jan 15, my employer filed H1B extension based on 365 days rules. My H1b got approved in on Feb5 based on internal project shown. I got another project in Mar end and started. It seems my employer did not generated paystub for Feb and Mar15 but regularly afterwards.They filed my extension in Sep and I-140 which got approved. They filed my extension on Apr 16 that got approved. I changed to Company B while working with same client and got H1B transfer approved till next Sep17. My question is , I am planning to go India for stamping , so these missing paystub would create problem for H1B stamping or on port of entry back ?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 17 days ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

ANSWER: If you were actually employed, according to the H1B petition, and you were paid for those months at some point, then there should not be any problems at stamping. But you will require proof of this. Just saying so will not be enough.

The fact that you were able to extend your status is a good sign since you would not be able to extend of change status unless you were able to show that you maintained your status throughout your stay in the US.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.

I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Expert:  Expert James replied 16 days ago.

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.