Expert James
Expert James, Immigration Attorney
Experience:  Write FOR JAMES to get my help!
23431962

I have a L1B visa which expires on September 2018, however

Customer Question

Hi, i have a L1B visa which expires on September 2018, however my I129S expired on September 15th, 2016. I am leaving the country for two weeks and i am using my EAD/AP to return to the USA. Currently my I-140 is approved and my I-485 has been pending for 7 months. What should i bring to the immigration officers at the US Port of entry?
Thanks,
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 1 month ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

I am confused about the relevancy of the I-129S being expired, if you are applying for adjustment of status.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you please reply to my question? Thanks.

I cannot give you an answer if you do not provide the information I asked for.

Again, I am confused about the relevancy of the I-129S being expired, if you are applying for adjustment of status.

Aren't you returning to the US with AP?

OK, since you have not answered my question about the I-129S, I will answer your question assuming you are not.

ANSWER: If you are coming back on AP based on the employment-based adjustment of status, then you will require the AP document, evidence of the filing of the I-485, and a letter from your employer explaining that the job offer is still valid.

If you are coming back on AP for a family-based immigration case, then all you need to come back is the AP document and evidence and the I-485 receipt notice.

I hope I have answered your questions. Please help me get credit for doing my job, by giving me a positive rating of 4 or 5 stars or any of the smiling faces. You can still ask more questions, even after you’ve given a rating.

I aim to give you excellent service, even if the outcome is not what you wanted. So I am happy to answer any related follow-up questions you might have, at no additional charge.

And if you want to talk on the phone for 30 minutes, I can send you an offer for that.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned it.

And if you have questions in the future, write FOR JAMES in the question and I will be your personal Expert in this category.

Thank you!

Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going.

I see you have reviewed my answer but I have not yet received a rating for my customer service. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next.

Thank you.