Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

Yup How are you, Great but confused, Me and my fiance would

Customer Question

Yup How are you
JA: I'm good. And you?
Customer: Great but confused
JA: Glad to hear it. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Me and my fiance would like to make legal working and living in Us
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: But the problem is we did jump ship
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet Last time i do have lawyer but he threat me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hoe much is it cost to make this happent
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 19 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay. Are you saying that both you and your spouse entered the U.S. on a C-1/D crewman visa and stayed?

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 18 days ago.

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

Unfortunately, I have bad news for you. I just ask that you not shoot the messenger. Shooting the messenger is either leaving a negative rating (usually reserved for rude or unprofessional experts) or not leaving a positive rating at all.

If you both jumped ship, there's really nothing you can do to "fix" your status except applying for Asylum or similar protection. The crewman visa is one of the worst visas to have. If you came on a ship that you worked on and stayed, not even marrying a U.S. Citizen will help you. You would have to apply from outside for any status that you might be eligible for and if you left the U.S. and you have been inside for more than a year, it is a 10 year bar which you would need a very hard waiver to overcome. I am truly sorry for the bad news. Just please understand that I am telling you the truth and trying to keep you out of trouble so that you do not fall into the hands of people that just want to take your money and tell you what you want to hear. So please be careful.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 14 days ago.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!