Nisha Jones, Esq.
Nisha Jones, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Managing Attorney at a Law Firm

My wife has been refused a visa twice. First I filed for her

Customer Question

My wife has been refused a visa twice. First I filed for her as my fianc�e but was refused and was asked to marry me. I married her and filed again only to be denied again because the officer said they needed more evidence. Although I was not able to attend the traditional marriage ceremony, I was fully represented by a delegation of 10 prominent family members. We have over 200 pictures to proof the marriage and also a video footage of the entire ceremony. I also have a credit card statement showing the purchase of our wedding rings. We also have picture of me and my wife in church and with family members. Am worried since am not present at the traditional marriage ceremony, its not credible to send them in but the video footage is convincing enough to anybody who understand my language since my name was mentioned several times in the video especially during the introduction of my family, but am not sure if they will have time to watch it. Are these evidences credible enough to be sent in? Do you think I should turn them all in?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 18 days ago.

Good evening, I am an Immigration attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I'll be answering your questions today, please understand this is for informational purposes only, as we do not currently have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 17 days ago.

Hello! My apologies for the delay, I'm actually located in some of the outer bands of Hurricane Matthew and lost use of my computer last night, but have since gotten the issue resolved, and hopefully all will continue working over the next 2 days.

To answer your question, yes you should definitely send in all of the above mentioned documents, photos, and video footage to USCIS for their request for additional evidence. Given the fact that you were not present at the ceremony in the video footage, and that there were related cultural and perhaps other reasons for this, be sure that you get in all of the photos you have and the receipt of your wedding rings.

It would also be very persuasive if you can include other receipts or documents you might have of places the two of you have traveled together, or photos of dates you've been on, as other photos and documentation of your relationship other than the actual wedding ceremony is often what USCIS likes to see as well, to ensure that it's a bona fide marriage.

I hope that helps! Again, thanks for your patience about the delayed response due to issues with the approaching hurricane. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars as this is the only way experts are compensated for our time here on 'just answer'. It doesn't cost you anything to rate me, and we can still continue our conversation for free after. Thanks!

Expert:  Nisha Jones, Esq. replied 16 days ago.

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!