Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

Some months ago,, who has been living in Surprise and has

Customer Question

Some months ago, Albert, who has been living in Surprise and has been here for 14 years, renewed his papers every four years, & had a Handyman business in Surprise, AZ. went to Mexico to make some renovations on his elderly Mother's home. upon its completion, he was heading to the border, when he was beaten & robbed of $1700, his passport,& other items. He walked for miles in an injured state, back to his Mother's home. He engaged a Lawyer to securepapers to return to the USA. the Lawyer told him it would take about 4 months. He received the papers, was on the plane when he was approached by ?? & told to deplane, as his papers were not in order. He was devastated & stared walking in the desert. He was picked up by ?? Border Patrol;, & placed in the Holding place in Yuma. He was allowed to make a 1 minute phone call. He called his fiance' & told her the Judge sentenced him to 6 months in jail, with the order never to return to the USA..
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: This A>M> I heard on the news some 68.000 illegals crossed the border, were given hearings & most allowed to stay. How is that fair? Albert is a wonderful man, & he is being punished, after a series of awful happenings.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Arizona ( when he called he was being held in YUMA, AZ.)
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: He was living in an apt. above the Church he attended,as he maintained the premises along with the other customers he serviced. Hisd Pastor does not speak good English, so it is difficult to get his help.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 18 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What paperwork was he renewing every 4 years? If he never had proper paperwork, then he might have been illegally in the U.S. all this time.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I do not know what paperwork he was renewing. Are you at all familiar with what the paper work might be that a person would be renewing on a 4year basis.
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 17 days ago.

There is no status that is renewed every 4 years. There are some that are renewed each year, 2 years, and 3 years, but not 4. So there are a number of details that don't work out here. Where is he located now?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
His name is***** ( as he is called) is in a Holding place in Yuma, AZ. where he was
taken when picked up in the desert. He was born Feb. 26th 1972, & has lived here for 14 years. His fiance' has been his friend for just a year & does not seem to know all the pertinent information that is .important to this case. The Holding place is called Mexican & American Holding Place, Yuma,AZ.

I mean that's not much information to go on. But regardless, what would you like me to answer for you?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am going to give all of this information to Albert's fiance' & have her get in touch with you, I am sincerely ***** ***** the assistance so far. I do think she will sign up with you, as she truly needs help in this matter.

Well, just have her come to this question thread because you've already been charged. If she makes her own account, she would be charged anew.