Jen Marie, Esq.
Jen Marie, Esq., Immigration Attorney
Experience:  She has worked on all types of U.S. Immigration cases since 2007.
28679807

Not sure, No, No, No

Customer Question

Not sure
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Jen Marie, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be the immigration attorney helping you today.

What is your specific question that I can help you with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi

Hi... How can I help you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok.. Im a mother of 4 living here legally since 1985 and I am married to an American citizen. I worked paid taxes and so on. I am legal resident alien and beginning of the year I got a voters registration card. I honestly have NO IDEA why I got that, but my stupid husband and I am even dumber and should know better ...well he told me that means I'm a citizen because I'm married to him. So I voted this last March.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Anything?

I see you sent the same question.. I have to answer you here because you posted this one first. Sorry for the delay, I was having issues.

Unfortunately you are not a citizen if you did not officially apply for your citizenship on form N-400. You do not get citizenship just by being married to a US citizen even if you have been here 30 plus years. To get your citizenship you will actually have to apply. You cannot be registered or vote.

Let me know if this answers your question or if I misunderstood what your question is.

Good luck to you during this process and I hope this answer has helped you!

Please kindly remember to leave a POSITIVE RATING now before you leave this page by choosing from the STARS. This is very important since it is how I receive credit for my service from what you paid. If you don't leave a rating, I receive no credit for my time.

If you are not satisfied with my answer or if I did not understand your question correctly, please ask me for clarification and I will be glad to clarify. Your satisfaction is my goal.

Also the question will NOT close after you rate me even though it says "To Finish.." So after rating me, feel free to ask me any follow up questions at no additional cost, don't worry. Any bonus you wish to provide will be very appreciated.

If you have other NEW questions in the future, you can make sure that I answer it for you if you start your new question post with the words "FOR JENNIFER " or write it in the Subject Line.