Judith
Judith, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  34 years as practicing immigration attorney, with non-immigrant and immigrant visa experience.
12467490

My H1B is getting maxed out on July 2017, my current

Customer Question

My H1B is getting maxed out on July 2017, my current employer has started my green card. Currently they are waiting for 2 more pay slips to start the perm process. I am worried if I don't get my I-140 approval before June I will have to choose my Plan B, which is going back to H4 through my spouse and apply for EAD as she is 140 approved candidate. So my question is related to timeframe. By when do you think I should apply for H4 EAD without loosing my current job ? What should I do ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am delighted to answer your questions today. I have 35 years experience as an immigration lawyer.

If your I-140 is not approved 100 days before the expiration date of your 6th year H1B you need to file for your H4 COS and EAD.

That is as of now how long it is taking to have the EAD approved.

Our association is working to put pressure on USCIS to reduce that backlog but just recently USCIS change the regulations which required it to adjudicate the I-765 within 90 days of filing.

Check back in March to find out if there has been any progress with USCIS in getting it to reduce I-765 backlogs in adjudicating the applicaitons.

I am eager to make this a positive experience for you. Please ask follow-up questions if my answer is not clear.
I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. In the future, you may begin your questions with “FOR JUDITH” and I will be your personal immigration expert.
Judith