How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 3926
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My employment based card is pending and is about 4 years

Customer Question

My employment based green card is pending and is about 4 years away at least as we are in Eb3 category from India.
Issue is me and my wife want to separate. She will lose her EAD if we Divorce as I am the primary applicant. We are residents of NJ and want to see if she can retain her immigration status if we do either of the following
1. NJ bed and board divorce
2. Financial settlement.
3. Post Nup aggrement.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Judith Ludwic replied 9 months ago.

What is a bed and board divorce? I am an immigration attorney and never heard of such. Does it involve a separation agreement?


Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's NJ law. Bed and board. Yes there will be physical separation.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi any update.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Why have you taken up this if you are not able to answer in time
Expert:  Edward Young replied 8 months ago.

Hi there, I’m ***** *****, and I am a licensed immigration attorney. I see you’re asking about an EB-3 issue. I think I can help you, as I have over 30 years of experience in this area and have helped many people with their immigration issues.

Are you and your wife currently living together?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No we are not.

Related Immigration Law Questions