Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

We received approval from USCIS for a finance visa. My

Customer Question

we received approval from USCIS for a finance visa. My question is regarding her Minor 11 year old child. They live in Ensenada Mexico. Do we need to get consent from the father? He hasn't been in the childs life, doesn't pay support, but is listed on the birth certificate. What are our options to bring to US?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Unfortunately, yes. You still have to get written consent from the child's father or the U.S. Embassy will not approve the visa. If the father will not give consent, then the mother will have to get a court order granting consent. So a judge will sign that order and that should be enough for immigration.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you for your reply. Do you a have a form that the father needs to sign giving consent to his minor child? We are going to meet with him and if he is in agreement I would like to have the form available. Also, it probably needs to be notarized, correct?Thanks.

There really is no such form. It's basically that the parent states their full name, states that they are the parent of the child and that they give authorization for the child to immigrate to the U.S. It should be signed and notarized and IDs can be added.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Hello Tom. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.