Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

We are a group of international students who wanted to

Customer Question

Hi We are a group of international students who wanted to either invest or start our own non profit organisation for children with special needs we just wanted to know if we can do so or will it be considered as a way of immigration to US we dont want to loose our current status due to any misunderstanding
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: we have a special needs child in our family and so genuinely wanted to help the community no we are studying still
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no we first wanted to know if we can move ahead with our plan
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes we are a group of friends and family who plan to invest in the organisation and initailly will have to work on our organisation all by ourselves so will that create any problem as I know on student visa we cant work
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 28 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What would be your involvement in the organization?