Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

I was looking for a sample letter to USCIS to withdraw

Customer Question

I was looking for a sample letter to USCIS to withdraw sponsorship
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: Yes, everything has been filed, we were just waiting for the interview and then I found out about alot of infidelity by my husband
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes I spoke with our immigration lawyer and she has already informed USCIS of her withdrawal as our attorney
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to write the letter, and know what I should and should not include, and if I need to notify anyone else like the Driver's License place, etc.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 29 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. There is no standard form for withdrawal of sponsorship, so the person simply sends a letter, instead. The letter may be very simple. Example below:

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: I-130 Application for (name of foreign spouse), a national of (country).

This correspondence is in regards to (name of alien). My name is ***** ***** I am the US Citizen sponsor for (alien's name). At this time, I am withdrawing my I-130 application and wish to cancel the sponsorship of the alien.

Please consider this formal notice of a request to terminate the I-130 application. I understand that the fees that have been paid to USCIS for processing of this matter are not refundable.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at (address, telephone, email).

Thank you.

A copy of the letter should be sent to USCIS, and one to NVC.

NVC address is below:

National Visa Center
Attn: WC*****br />Suite 200
Portsmouth, NH###-##-####/p>

No copy of proof of identity is required, but it is not a bad idea to send a copy of one's driver license as proof of identity on the second page and reference it in the letter.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 26 days ago.

Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!