Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration
7286322

I need help with filing a Request For Evidence response for

Customer Question

Hi I need help with filing a Request For Evidence response for a change of status I-539 application with USCIS
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Expert James replied 6 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for using Just Answer. I am James, and I will be assisting you. As we work through your questions, think about this as a back and forth conversation. Once you've received the information you need, you can thank me by issuing me a positive rating of 3, 4, or 5 stars. This is the only way I get credit for doing my job, so please do not forget this before leaving the site.

I don't have enough information. Please answer the following:

What seems to be the problem? Please provide specifics.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have applied for a change of status from L-2 to F-1 and got a RFE from USCIS. I'm preparing a response and I wanted an attorney like you to review it and help to see that it answers all the points and is in satisfactory state
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you help me with that, or is it a different kind of service I'm looking for?

I can assist you by reviewing your filing prior to doing so, but it involves an additional fee for Additional Services. And I would not be acting as your attorney, per se, as no attorney-client relationship is formed by accepting additional services.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I understand you wouldn't be acting as my attorney. Can you please mention how much the additional services cost?

Unfortunately, I am not allowed to give you a quote. Would you like me to send you the no-obligation offer?

If so, please answer yes, and then give me an idea of exactly what you want me to do, including the documents and forms you want me to review, as well as the subject matter of the RFE.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the no-obligation offer.In the RFE from USCIS, I've received about 5 questions, I am preparing documents as response for these and I want to make sure that given my situation and the resources I have, these questions are answered satisfactorily. The documents I want reviewed are a letter that I've yet to write and some copies of documents showing proof of financial support, interests in my home country and related documents.Moreover, I don't have these ready yet, I'll get them ready in about 2 days, can you help me through out this?

What is the specific request in the RFE? In other words, what are the 5 questions?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Request for initial and/or Additional evidence - Form I-539.- Evidence pertaining to maintenance of Status
- SEVIS Fee
- Reason
- Finances
- Financial support
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can send in as attachment the scanned pages, if you want to see them

That will not be necessary. Please hold for your offer.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks James.

Did you receive the offer?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your help so far, but in my current situation, I cannot afford it. I was hoping it would be part of the current conversation itself

I can discuss things with you, but I would not be able to look at your documentation to determine if it is sufficient. This is a Q&A service. Anything additional is an Additional Service, which costs.

So, having said that, what can I help you with, in terms of specific questions?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry if I wasted your time, but the questions in the RFE were pretty straight forward. I wanted to be extra careful by getting it reviewed but looks like that is out of the question.I don't have any specific questions apart from what I already asked. Thank you.