Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.
9200179

HOW IT TAKE TO APPLY FOR AN EAD/ YES 3 TIMES ALREADLY, YES,

Customer Question

HOW LONG IT TAKE TO APPLY FOR AN EAD/
JA: Have you filed any paperwork with the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) yet?
Customer: YES 3 TIMES ALREADLY
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I WANT TO KNOW HOW DOES IT WORKS FOR SURE TO GET AN EAD ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

What is the basis of your EAD? How are you applying for it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i GO THRU BY A LAWYER
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ITHRU A LAWYER

That's not what I mean. You have to be eligible to apply for the work permit. What is your eligibility? Did you marry a U.S. Citizen? Did you apply for Asylum? Are you the spouse of someone that is on E-2? What is the basis for the EAD?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i HAVE FORASYLUM 3 YEARS AGO. THEN THE HOME LAND OFFICER ASK ME TO APPLY

You mean that they did not approve your case but it is now before an Immigration Judge? When did your attorney file the I-765? Why haven't you asked them for help? And what country are you from?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I AM ABOUT TO DEPOT, THEY DID NOT FILE ANYTHINS. I AM FROM MALAYSIA

So when was your Asylum case filed?

Your payment for the phone call had an issue. You may need to change credit cards or call your bank. Or we can continue here without additional charge. When was your Asylum filed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
2013
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i HAVE GO THRU THE JUDGE, THE CASE CLOSE, NOW THEY SAID I CAN STAY BACK, AND ASK ME TO APPLY FOR EAD.
MY LWWYER FILE FOR ME 3 TIMES UNTIL NOW HE SAID THE CARD HAS SEND OUT, BUT I STILL NOT RECEIVING ?

It takes 3 to 5 months to process the EAD. When did you have your fingerprints taken for the EAD?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i WILL CALL THE BANK FOR WHAT HAPPENING TO MY CARD, I WILL CHECK AND INFORM YOU
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
THANK YOU

Ok. If you don't get the EAD within 3 months of having your fingerprints taken, then you can do one of the following:

1) Call the USCIS Customer Service number at 1-***-***-****.

2) Go to http://infopass.uscis.gov/ and make an appointment to speak in person with an immigration officer to find out the status.

3) If the case is very delayed, you may contact your U.S. Congressmen to get them involved and have their staff push the case along. Here is a helpful link to help you with this: http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
NO FINGER PRINT IS TAKEN

Well, the fingerprints should come a month and a half to 3 months after filing. If you haven't gotten anything yet, then do the same thing. Ask the attorney for your I-765 receipt number.

Let me know if you need anything else, but please do not forget to rate me positively. You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see the stars or smiley faces, please scroll to the top of the page to see them or click on my name and they should come out. Also, we do NOT finish just because it says "Rate to Finish" or something like that. Your question does NOT close and you can continue to ask questions without additional charge on the same question thread even after you leave a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding!

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I WILL SETTLE WITH THE BANK FIRST THIS WEEKEND, I WILL CALL YOU NEXT WEEK ! THANK YOU.

Ok. Let me know. Thank you.