Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  10+ years of experience in various aspects of U.S. Immigration Law.

My wife has been in the USA for nearly 19 years (1995) she

Customer Question

My wife has been in the USA for nearly 19 years (1995) she entered the country with a visa . She has 3 children. Who were all born in the United states. 1 of the children is legally blind and receives SSI benefits for his disability. The other child (18 years of age) is a United States Marine. I am a united states citizen and also disabled as Legaly blind.
She was denied her resident status because she lost her visa. after the hundreds of FOIA requests that were made to UCIS, Immigration agent came up emty handed each and every FOIA request.
While in process of adjusting status, My wife recently was forced into siging 2 felony convictions plea deal for some checks her cousin stole, deposited into wife's account and cashed out of said account thwn said cousin dissappeared as a result wife's attorney advised her that she could not get her green card if she has criminal charges pending and that the best alternative is to take a plea deal of the following: 1 felony charge class 6 felony of solicitation of fraudulent device undesignated and 1 felony conviction class 6 felony for the dame thing designated. Sentence was 1 year probation and after probation count 2 will become a misdemeanor.
Soon after wife was picked up by immigration at her probations officer and is now being held in Eloy, Az detention office..
My question is this: How likely is it for my wife to be granted a Immigration bond based on the above and below factors?
1. Has two felony convictions currently as crime of moral turpitude.
2. Married to a Disabled US citizen?
3. Has a 13 yr old US Citizen child who is also disabled
4. Has a Active duty United States Marines
Will the judge not take all thia into a favorable outcome for said bond to be granted?
Or are the felony charges that severe were none of the above "Humanitarian factors" Matter?
The felony ple and probation was just about a month ago my wife has been detained aince Last tuesday.
I do have an attorney representing her, but i want to do my own research and see what options are there... I advised the attorney to procee with the "Humanitaring Bond" but he said that process if a very long one and really is hard to win... so he stated he will be proceeding ith regular bond and bring up all family humanitarian issues within said case is he on a good track to winning this bond?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

Please give me a few minutes to review your question and I will be right with you with an answer. Sorry for any delay. I may have to do some research and at the same time I read and type fast, but not that fast! Thank you for your patience.

Sorry about the delay. Yes, the judge will take all those factors into consideration and if she is eligible for a bond, then her chances should be high of getting it because of all of those factors. Here is a link to a good article:

So again, it really depends on if she is eligible. Luckily, the two counts are considered one crime because they arise out of the same circumstances so that should help.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! If you have no further questions (at this time) please leave a positive rating for my service. I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars or smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, you may have to scroll up to the top of the page or click on my name and they should come out. Also, your session does NOT close when leaving a positive rating, so you can continue to ask additional questions without additional charge. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!

Thank you for your kindness and respect. Good luck to you.