Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice in several areas, including immigration

I have applied for a non immigration B1/B2 visa...I filled

Customer Question

I have applied for a non immigration B1/B2 visa...I filled out the DS-160 on line. Do I need to do anything else to help the process
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I actually filled it out for my friend who lives in the Dominican Republic...I need to schedule the interview, but before I do I want to know if I need to do anything else
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is it possible to get a copy of the DS 160 if I have the confirmation number?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The only other thing that someone in your situation can do is:

1) Send an informal letter (written) as to the character of the individual to the US Consulate directly or to the alien, who can bring it to the interview with them; and/or

2) Sign an I-134 which states that you are willing to support a non-U.S. citizen financially during that person’s temporary stay in the United States. Normally, I-134 is not done unless specifically requested by the Consulate, however.

Everything else is up to him to push the visa process forward.

It is possible to get a copy of the DS-160 online, yes. If that does not work, you can get a copy from USCIS via an open records act request.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.